Translate

Thursday 15 December 2016

#Blogmas Day 15

Well then... Unfortunately for the last week I have been soooo busy at work especially finishing at 4am one morning and then having the flu jab so being ill as well, I just haven't had any time to blog so sorry guys!!

Day 15 will be about working over Christmas!

So I've said before I work in hospitality, a busy pub at that and I actually hate weekends in December with a passion. Although I managed a miracle of getting last Friday off which was a nightmare even just for going out, I am literally working all weekends for the next month pretty much including Christmas Eve, Mad Friday and NYE.

As much as I love my job, my little work family and the environment I work in, it is actually terrible over this time of year. We're only a small pub like and we had over max capacity in last weekend, over 1200 walked through our doors and I swear literally everything went wrong that night, we was low on stock and our water cut off for two hours which means no way to wash glasses, no flushing toilets, etc. It was horrible and it wouldn't surprise me if every other night is going to be similar too.

All you lovely people that have Christmas leave, what is Christmas leave?!?! That exists?! 9-5 still exists?! Not for us, unless you count 9pm - 5am which sucks. But hey ho, we all have to make a living somehow and there has to be those brave souls to volunteer to work in hospitality so people can let their hair down like we do during the week - Shout out to Beaver and their fabulous karaoke nights <3.

Everyone working in this industry's favourite phrase is "That's time at the bar", it is literally music to our ears and we have a little happy dance and a cheer at the fact we can finally get the clean down done and go home into the comfort of our beds. A lot of people don't realise how hard working this industry is but please give all the bar staff a bit of consideration while you're all out having fun at your Christmas do's and parties and love the bar staff too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment