Translate

Wednesday 21 December 2016

#Blogmas Day 21

4 days until Christmas!!! Is anyone else getting excited yet?!

Today's post is about birthdays. I have a lot of friends with birthdays in December which is pretty awkward with the added expense of Christmas presents but this year I've had a 22nd, a 21st, a 20th and my friends little boy's 7th. Expensive I know!

Luckily for me, most of them have fallen on weekends so I've had the excuse of working so I've saved money this year but the 7th Birthday party is today. As much as I love him like a little brother, I'm really not looking forward to sitting round a bunch of screaming kids and adults drinking their sorrows away. However, I have been told their is a bouncy castle and food so I'm not one to turn that down..

Birthday's in December is such a difficult time, especially with my older friends. It's the choice of do you get them a Christmas present or a Birthday present but we normally just spend a little bit more and say it's a joint present which everyone has been fine with for as long as I know them but then you feel bad. My Birthday is in May so I actually get a Birthday and a Christmas present (lucky me right). Although, now we are all at the age to drink, it's the 'I'll get you a drink when we go out', which for me, I think I'd rather have than a joint present anyway and then you'll be happily drunk and not spend a penny for your Birthday.


Anyone else have this struggle?

No comments:

Post a Comment