Translate

Tuesday 6 December 2016

#Blogmas Day 4

Today's post is Christmas Gift Ideas!

Usually I will just ask my family and friends what they want and just get them it but last year I had a bit more money to play around with and decided to do something different for certain family members - My Mum, my Nanna and Brothers.

Mum:
I know my Mum well, she is literally my best friend and I decided to do her a basket of her favourite things and some cute little gifts. It included:
  • A jar of her favourite coffee
  • Her favourite chocolate
  • A tin of shortbread
  • A Pandora Charm - a little thing going between us both, we both have a bracelet which we get each other a charm for things like Birthday's and Christmas
  • A little angel ornament for the garden - she is obsessed with garden ornaments
  • Red nail varnish - her favourite colour
  • A gift voucher for a massage at her favourite salon
  • A Christmas themed nail set
  • A Christmas vanilla snowman lip balm - which is more exciting that it sounds
  • Some fluffy socks
She loved it, it was basically like a stocking for her with some bigger presents and she said she loved seeing the thought and effort I'd put into it.

Nanna:
My Nanna is really hard to buy for every year so I did her a basket too. Hers included:
  • The special face cream she uses
  • Bubble Bath
  • Candles
  • Cath Kidston Baking set - she loves baking
  • A voucher to get her hair done
  • A tea set - a mug and teabags which came in a nice gift box
  • Her favourite perfume
Again, she loved it but she did tell me off for spending more than £10 on her, oops!

Big Brother:
I never seem to buy my big brother anything much especially as I don't see him that much anymore so he got a box as well:
  • Pack of Shots
  • A drinking game
  • Socks
  • A hugeeeeee mug
  • A hot chocolate cone set
  • A bottle of vodka
  • His favourite chocolate
I got a grunt and a thank you from him but my Mum told me he was asking where I got the idea from so mission accomplished.

Little Brother:
He was at the awkward stage of being in between ages of too old for toys but too young for anything majorly exciting, so I made him a box too:
  • Pack of shots
  • Socks and fluffy socks but his feet are massive so it's very hard to get socks for him!
  • A hot chocolate cone
  • A huge mug too
  • Guitar picks
  • Guitar strings
  • Favourite sweets
  • Christmas jumper
  • Tickets to a band he likes - this was a joint birthday present as well because his birthday is a month after Christmas
He squealed like a little girl and said thank you for like a million years.


These boxes are a good idea if you're stuck on a main present to get your family and you can do them at a budget quite easily as well going to places like B&M and pound shops where I got a lot of mine from, they're easy to do and most people will love the amount of thought that went into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment